Friday, May 15, 2009

A poem for she


I sat down to write,
A poem about she,

The one whose my darling,
My lovely little baby,

She's just so sweet,
Sweeter than you can ever be,

The innocence in her face,
Could almost make up for common man's disgrace.

I found her on the street,
This white little baby,
She came home with me,
Entering our lives, creating simple pleasurable glee.

When she's happy she smiles,
And comes to sit next to me,
She cuddles up cutely and rather playfully.

When she's sleepy, she hides,
Under the masterbed, snoring in peace,
she loves eating chicken,
Ice cream and anything thats a mishti and sweet!

We think she's almost human!
Cause she almost understands all our feats,
She likes watching TV,
And chilling on the sofa seat.

Her name is Toffee,
She's my own little honey,
I love her white fur,
I love her dearly.

I'm glad to have found her,
Even if on a street,
She's made my life so much lighter,
Like almost maybe harmony!

I'm honored to be able to keep her,
She deserves everything a house pet should get, gladly,
I'm happy, so happy to have her,
My Toffee, my lovely little angel sweet!

note - p.s: Toffee was found wandering on the streets one February day in the year 2004. She was found with her leash on. Noone knows if she was abandoned or a run-away dog. However, she was scared and lonely and we had to, just had to bring her in. Some people (courtesy the WSD) adopt stray dogs. Some people adopt abandoned dogs. Some people abandon their own dogs (these people are'nt humane).

Some other people try and rescue dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment