Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Unhappy - contributed by Sushmit Roy Chowdhury

Unhappy
-- by Sushmit R.C

Bent down,
in this big ol’ town,
is despair that moves mountains.
It won't be long,
before the dawn,
and dream-wreck is all that remains

And in the midst of it all,
is the rise and then the fall
And I am sure I will never make it through.

And I don’t care how it ends,
and I don’t care at all.
I know how to dream,
Don't know how to realize.
The death of a fool,
Mourned lesser by the wise.

But I will make them see,
the faith I have in me.
Will never bring me down to my knees,
I will never ever be unhappy

The other day,
I dreamt away,
I flew back home.
Had no wings,
or any magic rings.
just the fear of being alone.

I woke up with a start,
but the dream had made its mark.
I cried myself to life.

These tears often give reason,
they often make me believe.
life's much harder without them.
This mess will make me go mad
But yet it's is such a beauty,
and its all that I ever had.

And the lips that tasted my tears,
now break into a smile,
It's all so bitter-sweet
How could I ever be unhappy?

1 comment: