Friday, February 20, 2009

A Red Rose

A child on the road,
Probably just four,
Caught my eye,
As i walked by the shore.

He walked on the street - plain, simple, sweet,
Looking pretty neat,
In a shirt quite clean.

A child on the road,
Not more than the age of four,
Begged for some more,
Money from the people
who sat,
Close by the shore.

Urchins live on streets,
Hear their sound when you leave,
Their giggles pretty sweet.
And their running feet.

A child on the road,
Begging for some feed,
Just something to eat, That's all he seeks.

I walk by the shore,
There is a child on the street,
With No place to sleep,
Except beneath the stars by the sea.

I walked by the shore,
Saw him deep in sleep,
Put a rose on his sheet,

A rose that he doesn't need.

A rose - the symbol of peace? Of perhaps hopes and dreams?
Don't know what it means,
I think of the angel sound asleep.

I walk by the shore,
The next day, i walk along, looking for more,
But there is no child on the road,
He finally shed his load.

He died of broken dreams,
Broken wounds, didn't heal,
No food for his feed,

No love for his need.

A red rose, by the sea,
Lay alone, it's petals flying gently in the breeze.
I look toward me,
There are no angels sound asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment