Monday, March 9, 2009

At the coffee shop



At the coffee shop,
I Saw,
A couple sipping coffee,
Sipping sour,
I watched what seemed to be true love,
But actually it was tainted love.
They looked so cute and seemed so sweet,
But in reality this is what surpassed in between,

As the girl said to the boy she loved,

“Even if I love you true,
And I know you can’t love me to,
I would always love you,
Its cause I’m just a silly fool.

Even if I love you true,
And you can’t love me back too,
I would always cherish you,
And the dreams that our love could have turned into,
A romance budding like a flower
Fresh with hues, that sparkle, like something new.

Even if I love you true.
And I know that that’s me being a fool.
I’d still just always live loving you, I will,
Like I do,
Cause the thing is,
My love is true.

Truer than the day that starts,
Truer than my heart’s hazard,
Truer than the love of love’s,
Nothing like you ever knew.

And so,
Even if I love you true,
And I know you can’t love me too,
I would always love you,
Cause the thing is, my love is true. “

At the coffee shop I watched,
As the filmy story poured,
In front of me, sat a girl beyond her teens,
Wishing he wouldn’t leave her be.

Said he to her,
"I’m sorry girl,
I love you too,
But we can’t make it, dear.
I’m sorry but there is no way,
If there was, I would have found it, yesterday…."

"Don’t leave just yet",
Said she to he,
"This is us,
There’s no in-between.
I don’t care, there has to be a way,
We had our plans, let’s live it, breathe it, I say".

"What’s the point sweetheart,
I move tomorrow,
I won’t be back,
Simple sorrow.
I’m not leaving cause I want to leave,
I’m leaving cause I have to leave."

"The hospice is just a drive away,
But there’s no point in us staying,
I can’t watch you watch me waste,
So, please let’s end us,
This is it. I say".

At the coffee shop I watched,
As she held his hand one last time,
She didn’t cry nor shed a tear,
She just looked at him,
Loving pure.

I went to work the very next day,
To the hospice where I spend my ways,
I saw the boy from the coffee shop,
Sipping coffee,Slowly,


But never asking for more.

~~Paromah

No comments:

Post a Comment